The in-house laboratory performs tests of cast steel and cast iron, castings, as well as molding materials and sands used in Huta Małapanew Sp. z o.o. It has an implemented Quality Management System compliant with the PN-EN ISO / IEC 17025 standard "General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories", assessed and confirmed with a certificate of recognition of the Office of Technical Inspection.
- Chemical laboratory
- Non-Destructive Testing Laboratory
- Endurance Research Laboratory
- Molding Sand Research Laborator
The chemical laboratory performs research for chemical composition with instrumental methods (optical emission spectrometry, absorption of infrared radiation after burning in an induction oven).
Laboratory of non-destructive testing
Laboratory of non-destructive testing performs the tests of castings produced by the Company to confirm the quality and internal quality.
The test methods used are:
- magnetic - powder tests,
- penetration tests,
- X-ray and isotopic radiographic research,
- ultrasonic research,
Personnel performing non-destructive testing has qualifications and competences to perform them confirmed by the second-cycle certificates in a given research method in accordance with PN-EN 9712 "Qualification and certification of non-destructive testing personnel".
Endurance Research Laboratory
The Strength Testing Laboratory performs tests of mechanical properties of castings and welded joints. The scope of research includes:
- tensile test of metals at ambient temperature, including tensile test of longitudinal samples and transverse samples from welds of welded joints,
- metal impact test at ambient temperature and temperatures down to -600C,
- hardness measurements using the following methods: Brinell, Rockwell, Vickers.
Molding Sand Research Laborator
The Molding Sand Testing Laboratory examines and controls the quality parameters of molding sand and materials used in the production process.