We are the oldest steelworks in Poland. We have been in existence since 1754.
The history of iron metallurgy in the lands located on the Mała Panew river begins in the 16th century. The favorable conditions: forests, water and rich deposits of low-percentage bog iron ore meant that a large part of the smithys and smelting plants were located in the part of the basin covering the area of the present districts: Strzelce and Opole.
On March 1, 1753, the Prussian king Frederick II signed an order in Potsdam, according to which, on the left bank of the Mała Panew river, between Krasiejów and Schodnia, on the site of the water mill of the miller Ozimek, an iron smelter was to be built.